This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 15 January 2022. A current copy is located at http://www.ipagescanada.com/node/19741
You are here
Performance statistics July 2015–June 2016
The APVMA prepares statistical reports of its performance in undertaking its regulatory obligations.
The APVMA presents statistics on a range of areas, including:
- chemical product registration
- active ingredient approvals
- permits issued
- veterinary manufacturers licensing and auditing
- preliminary assessment and pre-application assistance.
The report includes:
- the number of applications commenced and finalised
- the proportion of applications finalised within legislative timeframes
- work in progress at the end of the time period.
Feature article: Analysis of time to complete a product application.
In April 2016, the APVMA commissioned Oakton, our external auditors, to analyse timeframe performance before and after the implementation of new legislation on 1 July 2014 and the resulting changes to 'clock' definitions. The objective was to determine how long the APVMA actually took in making a decision and whether this had changed over the last five years.
We value your feedback, so that we can improve future reports.
July 2015 – June 2016
- Part 1: Overview of performance statistics
- Part 2: Application regulatory decisions, including product applications, active applications and permit applications, broken down by industry sector and assessment type
- Part 3: Other regulatory decisions, including import to consent applications, internal reviews, chemical review and compliance and enforcement activities.