This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 12 December 2021. A current copy is located at http://www.ipagescanada.com/node/74
You are here
The APVMA administers Australia’s agvet legislation and has a duty to not only manage potential risks, but also enforce compliance when required.
The legislation includes:
- the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Act 1994 (the Agvet Act)
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code scheduled to the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994 (the Agvet Code)
- the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Administration) Act 1992 (the Admin Act)
- the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemical Products (Collection of Levy) Act 1994 (the Collection Act).
The legislation allows us, and in some cases compels us, to:
- issue substantiation notices
- issue formal warnings
- enter into enforceable undertakings
- issue enforceable directions
- issue infringement notices
- issue stop supply and recall notices
- cancellation or suspension of a permit for noncompliance or prior convictions
- cancel or suspend permits to prevent imminent risk
- issue a notice to attend, give information or produce documents or things
- Obtain and execute monitoring warrants
- Obtain and execute investigation warrants.